M.A. in Human Rights
Applicants for the M.A. in Human Rights program must have completed their undergraduate university studies before enrolling to the program. Admission with a three-year Bachelor’s degree (including three-year Bachelor of Laws) may be possible for suitable candidates in exceptional cases.
Completed applications must be submitted through online application system (MA in Human Rights) by the deadline.
Required documents for online application:
- Completed CEU Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two academic referees / One academic and one professional referee if the candidate has more than three years of work experience
- Academic Records
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Academic Writing Submission(s)
- 1500-word essay on the topic specified below:
"Describe a human rights challenge in your country (or place of residence) from the past year (within 400 words). Discuss this issue from the perspective of relevant international and regional human rights standards (within 1100 words). Write a maximum of 1500 words."
NOTE: Late submission of required documents is not possible, and incomplete applications may lead to early stage rejection.
The Legal Studies admissions examination is composed of the following:
- Review of application packages
- Telephone/Skype interview offered to selected applicants on the basis of their application package
The Department of Legal Studies reserves the right to check the originality of all submissions.