S.J.D. in International Business Law
Applicants for the S.J.D. in International Business Law program must hold an LL.M. degree in a related field from a recognized university or institution of higher education. Students enrolled in a doctoral program at CEU cannot be simultaneously enrolled in other institutions of higher education. For more information on the degree requirements, please refer to section 2.2 of the Legal Studies Doctoral Regulations.
Completed applications must be submitted through online application system (SJD in International Business Law) by the deadline.
Required documents for online application:
- Detailed research proposal (max. 3000 word excluding literature)
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications
- Copy of passport containing the applicant's ID photo
- Proof of English proficiency
- Certified English version of full transcripts
- Certified English version of diploma(s), or official documentation indicating the expected date of graduation
- Two academic referees / One academic and one professional referee if the candidate has more than three years of work experience (email addresses directly uploaded to online application system)
NOTE: Late submission of required documents is not possible, and incomplete applications may lead to early stage rejection.
The Legal Studies admissions examination is composed of the following:
- Review of application packages
- Telephone/Skype interview offered to selected applicants on the basis of their application package
The Department of Legal Studies reserves the right to check the originality of all submissions.