S.J.D. in International Business Law
Applicants for the S.J.D. in International Business Law program must hold an LL.M. degree in a related field from a recognized university or institution of higher education. Students enrolled in a doctoral program at CEU cannot be simultaneously enrolled in other institutions of higher education. For more information on the degree requirements, please refer to section 2.2 of the Legal Studies Doctoral Regulations.
The Doctoral Program of the Department of Legal Studies asks applicants to fulfill the following requirements / submit the following documents:
- Completed CEU Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two academic referees / One academic and one professional referee if the candidate has more than three years of work experience
- Academic Records
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Program-Specific Academic Writing Submission:
- Detailed research proposal (max. 3000 words excluding literature)
- Students with a non-CEU masters degree have to submit a copy of their masters thesis
- Proof of English Proficiency
NOTE: Completed applications must be submitted through online application system (SJD in International Business Law) by the deadline. Late submission of required documents is not possible, and incomplete applications may lead to early stage rejection.
The Legal Studies admissions examination is composed of the following:
- Review of application packages
- Telephone/Skype interview offered to selected applicants on the basis of their application package
The Department of Legal Studies reserves the right to check the originality of all submissions.