Please note that The LL.M. in Global Business Law and Regulation replaces the LL.M. in International Business Law, which was offered until 2022.
Applicants for the LL.M. in Global Business Law and Regulation program must possess a qualifying law degree from an accredited university or other accredited tertiary educational institution. A qualifying law degree is one that satisfies the academic requirements for admission to the bar in a given jurisdiction.
Completed applications must be submitted through the online application system (LLM in Global Business Law and Regulation) by the applicable deadline.
Required documents for online application:
- Completed CEU Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two academic referees / One academic and one professional referee if the candidate has more than three years of work experience
- Academic Records
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- In no more than 500 words, please explain your reasons for applying to the program, how the program will help you achieve your personal and/or professional goals, and why you believe to be a suitable applicant (you may notably wish to explain how you would contribute to the success of the program and the academic life at the Department of Legal Studies more generally).
NOTE: Late submission of required documents is not possible, and incomplete applications may lead to early stage rejection.
The admission procedure consits of two stages:
- Review of application packages
- Online interview offered to selected applicants on the basis of their application package
- Academic excellence
- Professional experience (only applicable where the candidate possesses significant professional experience, i.e., applicants without significant professional experience are not less likely to be admitted than those possessing such experience)
- Motivation and career plans
- Contribution to the legal, cultural, ethnic, or linguistic diversity of the program
The Department of Legal Studies reserves the right to check the originality of all submissions.