Academic Legal Writing and Research Group 3
The course is intended to support students in writing their thesis. Whilst the course will respond to students’ needs as they arise, it will also address key principles of academic legal writing. Issues covered include: writing styles, managing readers’ expectations, organizing and structuring texts, writing in different formats.
The course is organized as an interactive workshop and will encourage students to both present samples of their own written work and to critique and edit the work of others.
- Ability to use primary and secondary sources efficiently and appropriately
- Ability to select, analyze and evaluate information
- Ability to design a research project
- Awareness of appropriate style and tone
- Ability to structure thesis in a coherent fashion
Assessment for this course will be on the basis of class presentations and written assignments as indicated in class.