Year of Graduation: 2016
Stream: Master of Laws in International Business Law
After graduating from CEU Yekaterina Khamidullina was promoted to the position of an associate with AEQUITAS Law Firm, one of the leading and largest national law firms in Kazakhstan. Yekaterina specializes in corporate law, labor law, healthcare and real estate law. She is a member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association and a respondent for the World Bank's Doing Business legislation monitoring program. She has authored a number of publications in her areas of specialization.
Yekaterina’s most representative projects include, among others:
- Participating in the due diligence of many large Kazakh companies, including due diligence of corporate documents, assets, labor documents and permitting documents required to conduct business in Kazakhstan;
- Advising Gazprom Neft JSC as a part of the restructuring of the company's business in Kazakhstan;
- Providing legal support in obtaining a license to provide services in the area of atomic energy use for General Electric;
- Advising several Chinese investors concerning the construction of power plants in Kazakhstan and obtaining the required permits;
- Providing overall legal support in the process of pledging immovable property of local companies to several Russian banks, including due diligence for documents confirming the title to property, registration of the property pledge and drafting of legal opinions;
- Advising legal entities and their structural subdivisions on matters related to registration, reorganization, merger, acquisition, and liquidation in Kazakhstan;
- Advising major pharmaceutical companies on the regulation of pharmaceutical activities in Kazakhstan, including registration, re-registration and advertising of medications; procurement, importation and expert evaluation of medical products and medical equipment; different marketing events conducted by medical professionals; issues of liability and the current practice of sanctions against statutory violations in Kazakhstan;
- Advising companies on a range of antimonopoly legislation issues, preparation of notifications and applications to obtain the Kazakhstan Antimonopoly Agency’s consent to economic concentration; and
- Analyzing and drafting contracts of different types and levels of complexity (supply contracts, service contracts, lease agreements, pledge/mortgage agreements, surety agreements, insurance contracts, licensing agreements and other types of contracts governed by Kazakh law).
Studying in CEU’s IBL LL.M. program was a unique opportunity for me to gain knowledge from excellent tutors with solid practical experience and to meet like-minded associates from different countries.