- Program level: Post-graduate (Doctoral)
- Degree awarded: SJD (US), Doctor iuris (Austria)
- Unit: Department of Legal Studies
- Program registration:
Program approved and registered by the New York State Education DepartmentProgram accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
- Program length: 4 years (Austria), 3-6 years (US)
- US credits: 90
- ECTS credits: 240
- Start of the program: September
- Director of the Doctoral Program: Mathias Möschel
- Program administrator: Tünde Szabó
The Doctoral Program of the Department of Legal Studies provides an opportunity for promising young scholars to conduct comparative research into a complex problem in comparative constitutional law, international business law or human rights which has both profound theoretical and practical relevance.
Supervision for doctoral projects is provided by our permanent and visiting faculty members. In addition to conducting independent research doctoral students benefit from doctoral courses, access to research grants enabling further research at renowned law schools or research institutions, opportunities for supervised and independent teaching, and a wide range of other doctoral activities (such as conferences, workshops, summer schools).